Saturday, July 23, 2011

Trance States in Tongues

http://www.archive.org/details/TranceStatesInTongues

Welcome to Episode 15 of Doc Rockavoy's Indy Music Garage! With the intense heat wave plaguing the country, I decided to play a bunch of sonic, repetitive guitar music ranging from psychedelia to noise rock to coincide with the daze that most people are likely experiencing the last month or so. I've walked around Lincoln in a heat stupor for weeks now. For the homebound, I hope the show will give everyone something to do.

And don't forget to add each and every one of these albums to your record collection!

Some of the highlights on today's show are a bunch of E.P.'s and singles by The Swirlies, Swervedriver, and My Bloody Valentine from my record collection. There's not a lot of copies of them circulating around, and most people who bought these bands' full-length L.P.'s don't necessarily have these E.P.s. I put two, long tracks from the Harmony of the Spheres album, which features Flying Saucer Attack, Jessamine, Roy Montgomery, Bardo Pond, and Loren M. Connors. It's kind of rare, and I hope people will dig it.

There's also a great track by The Gardes, from Ponca City, Oklahoma, and the garagey demo track of "Fall" by Dag Nasty, which was the recording before Wig Out at Denkos, which I like much better since it sounds looser and more rackety. There a live track of the Dream Syndicate on here, too.

The show is a whopping 165 minutes! The playlist today, in order, is: Swervedriver, Mercury Rev, Swirlies, My Bloody Valentine, Zen Guerilla, Lush, Come, Propellerheads, Dream Syndicate, Calexico, Flying Saucer Attack, Jessamine, The Gardes, Swervedriver, Dag Nasty, Rountineers, Sponge, Snowpony, Flying Saucer Attack, Swervedriver, My Bloody Valentine, Come, Mazzy Star, Mark Lanegan, Flying Saucer Attack, Swervedriver, Lush, Jane's Addiction, The Doors, and Swervedriver.

If someone guesses which album the show is named after today, I'll send you a free Zombie vs. Shark album and a t-shirt, just send me your address.

Thanks for tuning in!

Cheers,

Doc Rockavoy

No comments:

Post a Comment