Saturday, October 22, 2011

Down on the Street

http://www.archive.org/details/DownOnTheStreet

Welcome to Episode 22 of Doc Rockavoy's Indy Music Garage! I've had a couple of people and also some friends ask where "Doc Rockavoy" came from. I explained it on the first episode. When I was a college professor in Stillwater, OK, my friend Brad Hayes, of Sharkbait Mag/Smash Skates, came up with the nickname while we were skateboarding alot. So I thought it would be funny to call my podcast by that name, since the bands on the podcast are like an education in early punk rock and indy music history.

I'll keep it brief, but I just read two band biographies recently, one of the MC5 and one of The Stooges, by Brent Callwood, and published by Wayne State University Press (in Detriot). I highly recommend them, and I decided to put on those bands' tunes today. There's alot of OKC garage rock on the show as well.

The playlist for today is: The Stooges, The MC5, The Dragons, American Ruse, JP5, The Goats, The Replacements, Sonic Youth, Channels, The Fluid, Splendorbin, 999, The Routineers, The Catheters, The Breeders, Queens of the Stone Age, The Bam Band, Mudhoney, Flipper, Johnny Thunders, The 13th Floor Elevators, The Disposables, Your Mom, The Meatmen, El Dorado, L7, and The Stooges.

Thanks for tuning in!

Cheers,

Doc Rockavoy

No comments:

Post a Comment