Monday, November 7, 2011

World of Blue

http://www.archive.org/details/WorldOfBlue

Welcome to Episode 24 of Doc Rockavoy's Indy Music Garage! I decided to put on some mellow psychedelia and kind of dark Americana for today, as the fall is underway and winter is upon us at the moment. I start traveling this week for work, and also for my band's record release party in Norman, OK this weekend and wanted to squeeze another episode for November.

I put on a lot of Mark Lanegan, who along with Tom Waits, is probably one the greatest American composers, period, as well has his guitarist, Mike Johnson. I was talking to my friends Chris and Jeff this weekend, and it was agreed that both songwriters are in a category of their own. There is also a track by a Philadelphia band called Eltro, which was a project by my old friend Diana Prescott. I also put on a tune by Spain, which my old friend Evan Hartzell played drums for.

The playlist for today is: The Doors, Mazzy Star, Flying Saucer Attack, Eltro, Tone Ambient Metals, Spain, Mark Lanegan, Swervedriver, Come, Flying Saucer Attack, Mark Lanegan, Flying Saucer Attack, Mark Lanegan, Lush, Elysian Fields, Mike Johnson, Jessamine, and Mark Lanegan.

Thanks for tuning in!

Cheers,

Doc Rockavoy

No comments:

Post a Comment