Saturday, June 9, 2012

Tear the Club Up


Welcome to Episode 31 of Doc Rockavoy's Indy Music Garage! I haven't been doing my shows too regularly the past 5 months, as my wife and I have been consumed with the after-effects of people we know who've died. Her mom died last October, and 5 of my close friends also died, one a month from August to December. It has been kind of weird to process it, by myself, so I used my health insurance to get a therapist. Being in your 40's is great, but it also sucks because that's when people start to die. For sure, I was unprepared to deal with death the first time.

Enough of the macabre, gallows fare, all the people who died would want me to keep the music regular! Today's show has a lot of new vinyl, particularly The Dirtbombs new album, "Party Store." You need to get this one if you like garage soul. I also put a track from Zomes, which is Asa Osbourne's solo project, who played guitar in Lungfish. The also a track from the Lungfish "ACR 1999" album, which were tracks done in the  Baltimore studio that were never released. The material from that session became "Necrophones" under Ian MacKaye and Don Zientara at Inner Ear Studios. It's raw, so you need to have it in your collection. I also threw some White Denim, Shitty/Awesome, Broncho, and the infamous Detroit band Death on there today as well.

I do have a podcast microphone, but I use it for recording my songwriting, so no boring narration on the show, still!!!

The playlist for today is: Broncho, MC5, Velvet Underground, Zombie vs. Shark, Death, Queens of the Stone Age, The Cult, The Dirtbombs, Blondie, Jawbox, Zombie vs. Shark, 3, The Damned, My Bloody Valentine, Lungfish, MC5, Turbonegro, Shitty/Awesome, The Dirtbombs, Zomes, White Denim, and Lungfish. The show is about 70 minutes long.

Thanks for tuning in, and see you next week!!

Cheers,

Doc Rockavoy

No comments:

Post a Comment