Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Subvert

https://archive.org/details/DocRockavoyEpisode44

Welcome to Episode 44 of Doc Rockavoy's Indy Music Garage! Since it was -20 today, I decided to stay home and put a show together, with some local Lincoln NE bands and some rare stuff out of my record collection. Sit back and enjoy the show during this Arctic blast!

I put a a bunch of new local music on today, like Sputnik Kaputnik, which is kind of like Devo and weird, 70s LA stuff I've heard. There's some Powers on the show, and go see them Wednesday night at Duffy's for the New Year's Eve show. I also put on some King Thumper, Once a Pawn, and Halfwit.

There's a track from a weird single I found, with Keith Levene and Hillel Slovak on one side, and Kendra Smith on the other. If you don't know who those people are, I can't help you! I also have the new Chain and the Gang record, "Minimum Rock and Roll"; a My Bloody Valentine release that was supposed to be the famed "post-Loveless" album, put out by a German label; and this great Ann Arbor band The State, whose E.P. was mixed by Ron Asheton.

The playlist is: Sputnik Kaputnik, Powers, Once a Pawn, King Thumper, The Seen, Savages, Halfwit, Red Cities, Cheetahs, Jet Black, Kendra Smith, Flying Saucer Attack, My Bloody Valentine, Dream Syndicate, Vivian Girls, Broncho, Dum Dum Girls, Pack A.D., Kinski, Producers of the Word, Chain and the Gang, The State, Heroin, Rocket from the Crypt, The Sinners, Fugazi, and B-Boys.

The show is 95 minutes.

Thanks for tuning in, and see you in 2015!

Doc Rockavoy

No comments:

Post a Comment