Sunday, May 24, 2015

Lights Out

Lights Out

Welcome to Episode 46 of Doc Rockavoy's Indy Music Garage! It's been raining every weekend in Lincoln for the last 6 weeks; nice and warm during the week; torrential rain during the working man's two days off. It's put a cramp on skateboarding and hanging outside, so it's been a bit like winter in that regard.

I've been traveling a bit this spring, and had a chance to visit some good records stores around the country and find stuff I've wanted in my record collection, new stuff and old stuff that is actually old or reissued. I almost bought the first Black Market Baby album in Philly last month, but it cost too much. When Tesco Vee came through there to play, he ended up buying it! But he's a rock star.

I put on some new local releases, Dirty Talker and Halfwit, and I had a chance to see LA Witch last weekend, so there's a single on the show. There's also Aleister X (Doug Anson from The Gelcaps), The Disposables, Flipper, Johnny Thunders, and The Saints. I was lucky enough to get a reissue of the Angry Samoans "Back from Samoa" recently, since some lame college D.J. walked off with about half my punk record collection some years ago. I've been trying to rebuild it when I see missing vinyl. I also found a Killing Joke remix single with "Eighties" on it.

The playlist for today is: Dirty Talker, The Damned, The Saints, LA Witch, Johnny Thunders, The Disposables, Flipper, Detroit Cobras, Poppy, Drive Like Jehu, Ex Hex, Aleister X, Truman's Water, Magazine, Ignition, The Julie Ruin, Nation of Ulysses, Creem Circus, Angry Samoans, Void, Off!, The Faith, Halfwit, Purling Hiss, Mojave Lords, and Killing Joke.

Thanks for tuning in!

Doc Rockavoy

1 comment:

  1. Cool, thanks for sending along that video, nice tune and video!

    ReplyDelete