Sunday, January 15, 2017

White Drugs

White Drugs

Welcome to Episode 50 of Doc Rockavoy's Indy Music Garage! I haven't posted a new show in a while, and since we're having an ice storm I decided it would be a good time. I accumulated some new vinyl and then went through my music collection and had forgotten some stuff I own! It's on the show today. I've been grinding away at book publishing, traveling, and doing a new record with Red Cities so it cramped my style for doing podcasts.

There's mostly local vinyl and music on the show because it's the best music in the U.S. right, and it's not corporately-assembled. I put on local stuff like the new Bogusman L.P., Dirty Talker, Domestica, Once a Pawn, and the new The Broke Loose record. I found my White Drugs E.P., this great dirty garage rock band from Texas. There's also some weird Aleister X stuff on here, and also a lot of glam and glitter rock like MC5, Stooges, Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers, and The Testors. Low Litas from Tulsa, OK and Your Mom's E.P. "Blows" is on the show. There's also a lot of Swervedriver on the show as well as Kinki, The Standells, and Dark Satellites.

The show is 110 minutes!

The playlist is: Queens of the Stone Age, White Drugs, Aleister X, Kinski, The Red Aunts, Bogusman, Domestica, Dirty Talker, Once a Pawn, Low Litas, Your Mom, Red Cities, Sonic's Rendezvous Band, Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers, The Testors, Ex-Hex, The Stooges, Sponge, The Catheters, Swervedriver, Dag Nasty, MC5, The Stooges (John Cale mix), Swervedriver, The Damned, The Terminals, Swervedriver, The Standells, Queens of the Stone Age, Swervedriver, The Broke Loose, Dark Satellites, Cheatahs, and Savages.

Thanks for tuning in!

Doc Rockavoy

No comments:

Post a Comment