Sunday, February 6, 2011

Indy Music Garage is Open for Corporate Destruction-Episode 1

http://www.archive.org/details/DocRockavoyInaugeralShow

Welcome! This is the first episode of my podcast, Doc Rockavoy's Indy Music Garage. I decided to create a podcast for two reasons: I have a bunch of good, old indy music albums and other stuff like 50s country music and jazz albums from thrift stores. It is also something fun to do during the winters in Lincoln, NE. I hope visitors will enjoy listening to the old school garage punk stuff, with some space rock and other weird psychedelia thrown in. I will have country, jazz, and big band episodes to come in the near future.

I'll have to thank Brad from Sharkbait Magazine for the nickname, "Doc Rockavoy," which was something he devised when I was still a college professor. Thanks Brad, and I decided to use this for my podcast channel. Thanks to my big sister, Melissa, for sending me this MP3 turntable!

This episode is about 100 minutes of music, with bands listed in order like Code of Honor, Scream, Killing Joke, The Dream Syndicate, The Minutemen, Jimi Hendrix, Drive Like Jehu, Das Damen, Swervedriver, Chris Brokaw, The Smiths, Come, Lungfish, Bardo Pond, Government Issue, The Dirtbombs, Kraut, MIA (the one from Vegas), Articles of Faith, Scream, Brother Wayne Kramer, The Cult, The Swirlies, Lungfish, My Bloody Valentine, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Flying Saucer Attack, Opal, and Portishead. Once I get a microphone, I'll contribute some "history" to the music, bands, and record labels so that the memory of these great bands won't lapse this generation.

I will be podcasting about once or twice a month throughout 2011, so tell all your friends to listen in!

Cheers,

Doc Rockavoy

No comments:

Post a Comment