Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Singles-Episode 2

http://www.archive.org/details/TheSingles-episode2

Welcome again to Episode Two of Doc Rockavoy's Indy Music Garage! I was excited about the first episode out of my record collection. When selecting records today, I had a hard time figuring out what to play, so this episode is almost solely devoted to 7" vinyl singles, with a couple of good album cuts rotated in the mix. There's a section on Philly bands from the 1990s represented here, as well as two versions of my friend Robert Scafe's old band, The Putters. I hope all listeners will enjoy the show.

I still don't have a podcast microphone yet, which is probably fine, and the show is a little over 90 minutes.

I'll be doing Episode 3 later this week, and it will be devoted to rockabilly, jazz, big band music, and variations in between, some on little labels, so my older friends and family can participate in listening to the show. Some people kind of don't find punk and garage music attractive, so I'll have shows across the musical genres.

The playlist, in order: Kraut, The Freeze, The State, Ill Repute, Code of Honor, TSOL, The Damned, Bardo Pond, Toxic Reasons, The Putters (2010), Flesh Columns, 7 Seconds, Husker Du, 18th Dye, POD (the one from Philly), The King James Version, Electric Love Muffin, Jodie Foster's Army, Pailhead, Government Issue, Come, Slant 6, The Cramps, The Putters (1992), The Byrds, Egg Hunt, Kingface, Minor Threat, Rocket from the Crypt, Ashtabula, Jawbox, Zen Guerilla, Rites of Spring, Code of Honor.

Thanks for listening!

Cheers,

Doc Rockavoy

No comments:

Post a Comment