Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring Squall

http://www.archive.org/details/SpringSquall
Welcome to Episode 8 of Doc Rockavoy's Indy Music Garage! I decided to play lots of long play, psychedelic and space rock. Spring is coming too slowly and I thought a squall of feedbacky guitars and ephemeral space rock would bring forth warmer weather. I'm short for words today, so right to the playlist. There's alot of Flying Saucer Attack, one of my favorite bands.


The highlights of the show is a track by The Gardes that I really like, who are from Ponca City, Oklahoma and whose album, for me, is one of the best albums beginning to end I've ever listened to. Another highlight is the band Spain, from Los Angeles. Their first album was really cool, and Evan Hartzell, a friend and drummer I've played with, is on the kit. The last highlight is "Let My Children Hear Music," from my band, Zombie vs. Shark. It's an instrumental of utopian sound named after the great Charles Mingus album.


The show is a whopping 135 minutes! The playlist, in order: Flying Saucer Attack, Lungfish, Killing Joke, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Jimi Hendrix, Bardo Pond, Swervedriver, Come, Portishead, Spain, The Gardes, Roy Montgomery, Zombie vs. Shark, My Bloody Valentine, Flying Saucer Attack, Low, Chris Brokaw, Experimental Audio Research, Lungfish, Flying Saucer Attack, Bardo Pond, Flying Saucer Attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment